Donor Relations Specialist
Location: Houston, TX
Type of Position: Full-Time
Education Requirement: Bachelor’s
Experience Requirement: 3+ years
Description & Details:
The Lone Survivor Foundation restores, empowers and renews hope for wounded veterans and their families through health, wellness and therapeutic support.
The Donor Relations Specialist is responsible for the identification, cultivation and solicitation of monthly gifts from individuals, corporations, and volunteers. These activities may be performed independently, as support for senior Donor Relations or Executive staff. Performs related work as required.
- Fundraising goals – $150,000 annually in individual monthly giving, $75,000 annually in corporate monthly giving, and $100,000 annually in small donations ($100-$1,000), with a minimum 10% growth expectation per year. These goals will be reevaluated annually.
- Management of the cultivation and solicitation of a minimum of 250-500 donors and prospects assigned to or acquired by this position.
- Solicit monthly gifts ($25-$500) from individuals and corporations.
- Manage the Legacy Brick Campaign ($350-$1250 one time gifts)
- Assist in developing cultivation and solicitation strategies for a donor or group of donors that align to Foundation and department priorities
- Prepare all special correspondence for the portfolio of donors and donor prospects managed by this position
- Ensure that appropriate recognition, fulfillment and stewardship obligations and expectations are met for gifts negotiated or solicited
- Design, develop and implement cultivation and solicitation plans for all donors and donor prospects within the portfolio of donors and donor prospects managed by this position
- As determined in regular consultation with the Director of Donor Relations, complete a reasonable number of contacts (by phone, letter, e-mail or in-person) with current donors and prospects to sustain and nurture relationships
- Assist with the maintenance of the moves management module of Raiser’s Edge through the input of contact, strategy and proposal data for the portfolio of donors and donor prospects managed by this position
- Assist in the training, solicitation activity, results, rewards and recognition for volunteers
- Participate as a part of the Donor Relations team in a collegial fashion
- Maintain good relationships with all those who help facilitate the effective conduct of this position
- May be required to participate in internal planning committees as a representative from the Donor Relations Department
- Carry out such other activities as may be assigned by the Director of Donor Relations
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Three (3) or more years of previous fundraising experience
- Proficiency in the Raiser’s Edge fundraising software program preferred
- Passion for supporting our nation’s military – personal military service a plus, but not required
- The ability to communicate effectively in written and verbal form
- The ability to relate to and build meaningful relationships within a diverse population of current, potential donors, board members and volunteers
- Sensitivity to donor relations management
- The ability to work on a team
- The ability to use Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook and comfortable working with computer databases
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
- Communicates orally with management, co-workers and the public in face-to face, one-to-one, and group settings.
- Regularly uses a telephone for communication.
- Sits for extended time periods.
- Hearing and vision within normal ranges.
- Occasionally required to stand and walk.
- Occasionally lift objects weighing up to 40 pounds.
- Work at a computer with extended periods of time with repetitive typing, arm and hand motion.
- Make public presentations to large and small groups.
Director of Donor Relations
How to Apply / Contact:
Send cover letter and resume to email@example.com with the subject line “Donor Relations Specialist”