If you are a service member, veteran, or a concerned family member or friend with an immediate crisis, please call the Veteran Crisis Line at 800-273-8255, text 838255, or chat at www.veteranscrisisline.net.
Lone Survivor Foundation has been helping veterans and their families recover from combat trauma since retired Navy SEAL Marcus Luttrell founded us in 2010. Due to recent events, we’ve had to postpone several of our upcoming programs.
To continue serving our military community during this time, our team has created a PTSD Symptom Management Virtual Program. It is a no-cost program that takes place via video conferencing over three days. Groups of approximately nine veterans each will have the opportunity to practice tools for stress relief and improved self-regulation. Each participant will also have the opportunity to check in with a mental health clinician each day.
Counselor or Mindfulness Check-In
If you can’t commit to our three-day virtual program, we can schedule a 30-minute Counselor or Mindfulness Check-In with an LSF Clinician or Yoga Instructor:
- Our Program team will set up a call or virtual meeting with an LSF Counselor to discuss coping tools, strategies, & resources to help with PTSD, mTBI, & chronic pain symptoms. We want to check-in with you to see how you are doing mentally during this time.
- This meeting will be about 30 minutes are less
- Our Program team will set up a call or virtual meeting with an LSF Yoga Instructor to share resources, breathing, & meditation techniques to help with PTSD, mTBI, & chronic pain symptoms.
LSF VIRTUAL PROGRAM – WHAT TO EXPECT
Our virtual program is three days long. Each day’s session begins in the morning, breaks for an hour at lunch, and ends in the late afternoon.
The program will take place online using video conferencing. Each group will have approximately nine veterans and will be facilitated by LSF Staff and contracted professionals.
Participants will experience the following:
- The “Moving Through Trauma” program which addresses the physical, mental, and emotional needs of participants through intentional movement and positive goal setting
- Trauma-Informed Yoga, Meditation, and Breathing Techniques
- Education on PTSD, TBI, and Chronic Pain
- Discussions on therapeutic and holistic treatment options
- Daily check-ins with a mental health clinician
Our new Virtual Program is for service members (both active duty and veterans) from all military branches and service eras who have been deployed to a combat zone and who are experiencing symptoms of the following as a result of combat:
- Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- Mild Traumatic Brain Injury
- Chronic Pain
A formal diagnosis or service-connected disability through VA is not required.
A DD214 or other Proof of Service is required.
- Complete the Eligibility Questionnaire
- Watch your inbox for an email from Lone Survivor Foundation. If you are eligible, this email will contain a link for our full application.
- Once you have completed the full application, our team will be in touch with more details and scheduling information.
If you have any questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.